Benefits that are to be gained from drinking green tea?

Green tea contains polyphenols which give its antioxidant properties.  Green tea ranks as high as or higher than many fruits and vegetables in the ORAC score, a score which measures antioxidant potential of plant-based foods.  


Numerous studies have demonstrated the anti-cancer properties of polyphenols. 

Some studies indeed suggested that tea's polyphenols may reduce risk of gastric, esophageal and skin cancers if one consumes 4 to 6 cups daily. Other laboratory studies have found that polyphenols help prevent blood clotting and lower cholesterol levels.


Personally I'm not sure if I can drink 4 - 6 cups of green tea daily

My patients always ask me about green tea and I always said a cup or 2 won't hurt at all - if you like the taste :-)


Take Care.

All comments are reviewed by the administrator, before they are published.

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post