Their customer service is the worst in the business and they don't realize it. I have bought 12 computers from them and now I'm abandoning them. If they would have changed, my mindset would be different, but they REFUSE TO CHANGE, so I will.
Just as a note to the last individual: yah, Canadians ARE so freakin nice, Dell does not outsource to Canada (has Dell-owned call centers in Canada), and many of the call centers in India are, also, not outsourced.
Maybe your question could be more specific. What happened? WHY are you abandoning Dell? I work for Dell's DOC department, in a NON-OUTSOURCED Canadian call center, and I know Michael Dell cares A LOT about what his consumers think. He will often monitor calls himself or even take calls.
Most large companies, espically those that outsource, have a difficult time controlling ALL of their employees and making sure they are representing the company as a concerned and understanding individual. To handle the flow of calls, so you are not waiting hours to speak to someone, requires a great deal of man-power; the more people you have between the top and the front line, the more difficult it is to ensure everyone is upholding your principles. How far did you go with your experience? Maybe you should try writing to Michael Dell to let him know your concerns.
I find, at least as far as technical support, that some customers have expectations that are unrealistic. Many people think that because you bought -insert the name of any software product made by another company here- with their computer, that Dell should provide support for it. Think about it, if you buy Norton Antivirus from BestBuy, do you complain to them about Norton not working and expect them to fix it? Not likely. you contact the manufacture who is specialized in it. Many people have problems with their systems due to spyware and adware programs, but don't know they need to install anti-spyware software and do not recognize the symptoms. My question is, where you looking for free assistance with a DELL MANUFACTURED PRODUCT?
I am not speaking on behalf of Dell here, but merely my own experiences and how I look at our service. I would, at least, suggest contacting Michael Dell prior to giving up on Dell completely. I know that we DO hear feed back from him regarding both positive and negative customer experiences.