Does Mono give you Chronic Fatigue?

I had mono like 5 years ago and my doctor said that I will have Chronic fatigue my entire life because of that. But they didn't give me any cures. Is this true?


Yes it can cause it, but not always.

 I was constantly tired for a long time and went to the doctor and he tested me for everything under the sun and tried to then tell me that I was mentally ill. 

I kept telling him that I had TWO bad bouts of Mono in my life. FINALLY he tested me for Epstein Barr virus antibodies. 

Epstein Barr is the same as mono, which is short for infectious mononucleosis. An antibody is something your body usually produces when it is trying to fight off something, but after the virus goes away, usually the antibodies will lie dormant. 

Well, I had no virus in my blood, but I had TONS of the antibodies, still running around in my bloodstream. 


This can and does cause Chronic Fatigue Immune Disorder.


All comments are reviewed by the administrator, before they are published.

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post