Why is there so much hate between Democrats and Republicans?

 It used to be that they were respectful towards one another.  Everything is so mean spirited nowadays and there is so much anger and hate towards each other. Why has it gotten like that?

I am very influenced by social culture.  Much of my social culture comes from TV.  I turn my tv on and watch 'The Daily Show', and respectable government employees are mocked, poked, and laughed at.  TV makes a quick joke on the politician easy.  


Then when I go for serious news, say I turn on Nightline...I watch a dignified and respectable person like Ted Kopple persecute Michale Brown (Former FEMA leader) over a natural disaster.  So, I've learned that it's ok to disrespect people in formal positions <you're request is for government, but I also see this growing into the corporate world>.


I have recently started writing to my government officials to change the world < www.congress.gov >.  I was about to send my first e-mail and was giving my final check for spelling.  Then I noticed that I was writing with the same style I write with here on Y! Answers...Then, I remembered that Government officials have earned their place, despite any preseption I've acquired from TV.  I also remember that in school, I was taught how to properly write a letter to my government official.  So, I pulled out a book and did it properly.  I got a dignified response from my Senator via e-mail, followed by a letter in the mail.


When we stop accepting the one minute joke and quick fix taught to us by TV is when we can get to a functioning government where Republicans and Democrats can get real stuff for our country done.


All comments are reviewed by the administrator, before they are published.

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post